Thank you for registering for Youth Mental Health First Aid in two sections! Please note that part of this class will be accessed online and part will be in person in Oregon City with instructors and other classmates.
Please read through and keep this confirmation notice as the format and requirements for the class are significantly different from previous versions of the class. Also, please book the time in your calendar.
Here are the dates and times of the in-person class and the deadline for completing the online self-paced introduction to be completed before the in person class (it is a required pre-requisite).
- In person Class: Thursday, February 15, 2024 9:00 am to 3:30 pm — please plan to join the class at least 10 minutes early
- Location: Clackamas County Development Services Building, 150 Beavercreek Road, Room 119/120, Oregon City OR 97045
- Self-Paced Introduction Completed by: Monday, February 12, 2024
The training is delivered in two sections –section 1 is an online self-paced presentation and is completed independently by you. Section 2 is an in-person, live presentation with instructors and other classmates. Section 2 builds on the content and information from section 1; participants must complete section 1 before attending section 2, and participants must complete both sections to receive certification for the course.
Here’s how it works:
1. On January 16, 2024 or as soon as you register if it is after January 16, 2024, you will receive an email from or an email with a carbon copy including email@example.com with a password that you can use to access the self-paced introduction OR you will receive invitation from firstname.lastname@example.org for Connect MHFA. If you are invited, please accept the invitation. Once the invitation is accepted, we will enroll you into an automated, online learning platform and you will have access to the self-paced introduction (a two step process). Please plan to complete the self-paced introduction by the deadline above. If you do not receive the invitation or an email with your enrollment information by the end of business on Monday, January 22, 2024 please reach out to the Coordinator for assistance.
The self-paced introduction includes nine sections, including a opinions quiz, an introduction to the Mental Health First Aid course, a manual and other materials and takes about 2 to 2.5 hours to complete.
Please note that participants must complete all of the parts of the self-paced introduction by the deadline. If you aren’t able to complete the self-paced introduction, you won’t be eligible to participate in part 2 of the class — the in-person, live training with 2 instructors and other classmates — and we may have to withdraw you from the class.
We will send you more detailed information prior to the class and once you have completed the self-paced introduction.
2. As mentioned, Part 2 will be delivered live and in person with two instructors and other classmates. The second part will be held on Thursday, February 15, from 9:00 am to 3:30 pm; the class will last 6.5 hours and will include a 30 minute lunch and other short breaks.
The training will be held at:
Clackamas County Development Services Building
150 Beavercreek Road, Room 119/120
Oregon City OR 97045
****please see additional tips and important information at the bottom of this message****
Breaks & Food: The training will run from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm with a 30 minute lunch break around lunchtime. Please feel free to bring snacks, lunch and anything else you will need to the training. Lunch is on your own. There are nearby restaurants and fast food establishments, however the lunch break is short so it may be better to bring your lunch with you to the training. We’ll provide some coffee/tea and light snacks; otherwise please bring any other snacks, beverages or food you will need for the day. We apologize but we don’t have access to a microwave or refrigerator in this conference room.
Registration: Please note that classes are limited in size to provide the best experience for the trainees and to provide the training to fidelity. For this reason, registrations are specific to the individual who has signed up to attend the class and a registration cannot be transferred to another person. If you know of others who are interested in attending a class, please refer them to https://gettrainedtohelp.com/ to register. Thank you.
Certification: Upon completion of all sections of this course, attendees will earn a certificate verifying their understanding of the concepts and status as a certified mental health first aid responder. It is required that attendees complete both sections of the training to participate and to be certified.
Cancellation: If you are unable to attend the full training, please email Coordinator as soon as possible so we may give your slot to another participant. To reschedule to attend another training, please visit https://gettrainedtohelp.com/ and register for an available space in the training of your choice!
Tips for navigating the Youth Mental Health First Aid process:
- Check your spam folder for emails about the class from email@example.com, NArmendariz@clackamas.us and firstname.lastname@example.org from Connect MHFA.
- We will be checking in with you on your progress as the class approaches.
- When completing the self-paced introduction, make sure to close out of each module on the final screen. (This prevented some from being able to complete the certification process.)
- The instructors will open the class 15 minutes before class starts; please plan to join the class at least 10 minutes early. Thank you!
- Once the in-person section of the course has been completed, you will return to the Connect MHFA platform to finish up — there’s a post-test and an evaluation to complete – and then you’ll be able to get your certificate.
- If you cannot access the post-test, there is something either open or incomplete from the pre-work.
If you have any questions or concerns, please let us know.
If you need accommodations, please give at least two weeks’ notice of your needs.
Enjoy the training!
This class is fully booked.