Thank you for registering for Adult Mental Health First Aid in two parts! Please note that part of this class will be accessed online and part will be in person in Oregon City with instructors and other classmates.
Please read through this notice as the format and requirements for the class are significantly different from previous versions of the class.
Here are the dates and times of the in-person class and the deadline for completing the online self-paced introduction to be completed before the in person class (it is a required pre-requisite).
- In person Class: Tuesday, March 5, 2024 8:30 am to 4:00 pm — please plan to join the class at least 10 minutes early
- Location: Clackamas County Development Services Building, 150 Beavercreek Road, Room 115, Oregon City OR 97045
- Self-Paced Introduction Completed by: Sunday, March 3, 2024
The training is delivered in two parts – part 1 is an online self-paced presentation and is completed independently by you. Part 2 is an in-person live presentation with instructors and other classmates. Part 2 builds on the content and information from part 1; participants must complete part 1 before attending part 2, and participants must complete both parts to receive certification for the course.
Here’s how it works:
1. On February 7, 2024 or as soon as you register if it is after February 7, 2024, you will receive an email from or carbon copied to firstname.lastname@example.org with a password that you can use to access the self-paced introduction OR you will receive invitation from email@example.com for Connect MHFA. If you are invited, please accept the invitation. Once the invitation is accepted, we will enroll you into an automated, online learning platform and you will have access to the self-paced introduction. Please plan to complete the self-paced introduction by or before Sunday, March 3, 2024. If you do not receive the invitation or an email with your enrollment information by the end of business on Monday, February 12, 2024 please reach out to the Coordinator for assistance.
The self-paced introduction includes nine sections, including a opinions quiz, an introduction to the Mental Health First Aid course, a manual and other materials and takes about 2 to 2.5 hours to complete.
The training will be held at:
Clackamas County Development Services Building
150 Beavercreek Road, Room 115
Oregon City OR 97045
****please see additional tips and important information at the bottom of this message****
Breaks & Food: The training will run from 8:30 am to 4:00 pm with a 30 minute lunch break around lunchtime. Please feel free to bring snacks, lunch and anything else you will need to the training. Lunch is on your own. There are nearby restaurants and fast food establishments, however the lunch break is short so it may be better to bring your lunch with you to the training. We’ll provide coffee/tea and some light snacks; otherwise please bring any other snacks, beverages or food you will need for the day. We will have access to a refrigerator and microwave! Thank you.
Registration: Please note that classes are limited in size to provide the best experience for the trainees and to provide the training to fidelity. For this reason, registrations are specific to the individual who has signed up to attend the class and a registration cannot be transferred to another person. If you know of others who are interested in attending a class, please refer them to https://gettrainedtohelp.com/ to register. Thank you.
Certification: Upon completion of all parts of this course, attendees will earn a certificate verifying their understanding of the concepts and status as a certified mental health first aid responder. It is required that attendees complete both parts of the training to participate and to be certified.
Cancellation: If you are unable to attend the full training, please email Coordinator as soon as possible so we may give your slot to another participant. To reschedule to attend another training, please visit https://gettrainedtohelp.com/ and register for an available space in the training of your choice!
Tips for navigating the the Mental Health First Aid process:
- Check your spam folder for emails about the class from (or carbon copied to) firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com from Connect MHFA.
- We will be checking in with you on your progress as the class approaches.
- When completing the self-paced introduction, make sure to close out of each module on the final screen. (This prevented some from being able to complete the certification process.)
- The instructors will open the class 15 minutes before class starts; please plan to join the class at least 5 minutes early. Thank you!
- Once the in-person part of the course has been completed, you will return to the Connect MHFA platform to finish up and get your certificate. There will be a post-test and an evaluation and then you’ll be able to get your certification.
- If you cannot access the post-test, there is something either open or incomplete from the pre-work.
If you have any questions or concerns, please let us know.
If you need accommodations, please give at least two weeks notice of your needs.
Enjoy the training!
This class is fully booked.