CONNECT Framework Training
The ripple effects of a death by suicide can impact family, friends, coworkers, as well as the broader community. The Connect Postvention Training teaches participants how to take steps to foster healing and safety in the event of a suicide or sudden death. This is helpful training for anyone involved in responding to a death by suicide, such as school counselors, faith leaders, law enforcement, and mental health/substance use providers.
Connect helps a community or organization develop practices and a coordinated response in the event of a suicide or sudden death. Connect identifies risk and protective factors and offers templates for key stakeholders to coordinate and improve their response to a death by suicide across multiple systems. The training also includes best practices for supporting survivors and their healing.
We are able to provide Connect training for specific organizations, schools or school districts. We can expand the training to allow teams to develop more specific plans for their community or organization. Please allow at least four to six weeks lead time to find a mutually agreeable date. To schedule Connect training, please contact Kathy Turner - firstname.lastname@example.org
Please Note: Participants are required to complete a suicide prevention training prior to taking Connect (e.g., QPR, ASIST, or SafeTALK).
|Training Category: Suicide Postvention
|Length: 4-6 hours
|Offered for ages: 18 and over
|Location: In Person & Online
|Skill Level: Advanced
|Cost: Free tuition
What you will learn in this 4-6 hour course:
- Safe communication following a death by suicide
- Coordinating mental health and other supports
- Recommended practices for memorials and how to sensitively promote safety and healing
- Best practices for working with the media to promote safe communication
- Resources for talking with and supporting those who are grieving – adults, youth and children
- Understanding the community-wide “ripple” effects of a death by suicide
- Tips for handling anniversaries
- Self-Care and Resiliency
Participants receive planning resources, templates, resources for communicating with children and adults.
What to expect:
- Audio/video presentation
- Opportunities for group discussion
- Opportunities for group planning
- Certificate of Completion