YOUTH MENTAL HEALTH FIRST AID
Do you coach young people? Are you an educator, or concerned parent? This training provides skills and tools to help a young person ages 12-18 who is experiencing a mental health challenge connect to the right help. This course is similar to Adult Mental Health First Aid training but is aimed toward adults who work with young people. Important for teachers, coaches, leaders of faith based communities, social workers and other caring community members.
This class is available to everyone 18 years or older.
What you will learn in this eight-hour course:
- Information about typical adolescent development
- Signs and symptoms about common mental health challenges in young people (12-18)
- A five step action plan for how to help in both crisis and non-crisis situations.
- Local community resources available to offer support
What to expect:
- Audio/video presentation
- Opportunities for group discussion and practice
- Earn three year certification