ADULT MENTAL HEALTH FIRST AID
Do you assist the elderly, work with the public, or are you a first responder? Nearly one in five people struggle with a mental health issue. Chances are you or someone you care about are impacted.
Essential first aid training for anyone age 18 and older who wants to learn how to help a person who may be experiencing a mental health related crisis or problem. This course teaches you to recognize signs and symptoms and provides the steps to take to provide help. Participants will come away with the skills and tools to offer help to others and increase their personal knowledge.
What you will learn in this eight-hour course:
- The impact of mental illness in the U.S.
- Risk factors and warning signs for depression, anxiety, trauma, substance use and psychosis
- A five-step action plan to help an individual in crisis connects to professional help
- Local community resources available to offer support
Participants will receive an informational workbook that summarizes the training as well as a list of community resources.
What to expect:
- Audio/video presentation
- Opportunities for group discussion and practice
- Earn three year certification
This course is available in English and Spanish.
View Available Classes